I have been asked by many about natural compounds that can be used as a fat burner. One topic that has come up a lot recently due to media buzz is raspberry ketones. A Raspberry Ketone is an aroma compound from red raspberries. There was a study on mice that showed raspberry ketones helped prevent mice from putting on weight due to a high fat diet. There are many studies in Asia that showed signs of fat burning and increased insulin sensitivity. However, there has been no studies that showed this same effect in humans. This did not stop the media and buzz that was created in the weight loss industry after Dr. Oz said they were the number one miracle in a bottle to lose fat. Raspberry ketones have now become a widely popular way to try and lose weight.
Heath Benefits of Raspberry Ketones
Since this compound is very rich in anti-oxidants, there are some health benefits. Along with a healthy diet and lifestyle, raspberry ketones can be a great addition. You may notice increased energy levels.
As with any supplement, you will not see any weight loss solely by taking this one. A supplement is only meant to do just that — supplement an already healthy diet to achieve your goals. Weight loss can occur with this supplement as long as the rest of your diet is in check. You may have seen amazing before and after photos of people losing a lot of weight while using raspberry ketones. It is important to note that these people already took on a well balanced diet and exercise regimen.
Should I Take Raspberry Ketones?
Before deciding whether or not you should take raspberry ketones, you need to weigh the cost versus the health benefits. If your diet is already full of anti-oxidants, you may not notice much of a difference. If you are looking to lose weight with this supplement, give it a shot and see if it works for you. Be sure to supplement it with a well balanced diet.
It is important to add an effective back workout program to your gym routine because these muscles will not only help your physique, but also help improve your posture.
Most gyms have a variety of different machines that target your back muscles. There are also a couple of exercises you can do right from your home to make things easier. We are just going to focus on the pull up because it is a great way to develop your back muscles.
Pull ups target your latissimus dorsi muscles. These are the muscles that can give your body more of a “V” shape instead of a square.
The great thing about pull ups is that you can do them in the comfort of your own home if you have a pull up bar.
They are great for targeting your back muscles as well as your core and biceps.
Don’t worry If you are not able to do a single pull up with your own body weight. Many people simply do not yet have the strength to pull up their body weight. Fortunately, most gyms have assisted pull up machines that can help you build up your strength until you are able to do them on your own.
You can also follow this 5 phase program to do your first pull up:
Another alternative is to use a lat pull down machine that has the pull up attachment.
Many people make the mistake of swinging their body and using momentum to complete a repetition. It is crucial that you do not do this because you may injure yourself, and you are basically just wasting your time.
Pull ups should be performed with strict form in order to target your back muscles most effectively.
- Begin by holding onto the bar with your hands slightly wider than shoulder width. Your palms should be facing away from you on this exercise.
- Hang onto the bar with your arms straight.
- Lift your legs off the ground and begin pulling your weight up using your lattissimus Doris muscles and your arms.
- Be sure to keep your neck in a neutral position throughout the repetition to avoid strain.
- When performing a pull up, it helps to pretend you are squeezing your back muscles together.
The majority of people who want to pack on muscle or cut body fat look to bodybuilding supplements to help them speed up the process. Although these supplements are not totally necessary to achieve most goals, they can definitely make things a little more convenient. For example, many people are busy at work or school and do not always have the time to prepare a high protein meal. Instead, they will use their protein powder supplement to quickly mix up a shake. This will allow them to reach their protein goals for the day that they may have otherwise not been able to reach.
Many bodybuilders make supplementing even more convenient by shopping online. Many people at the gym get their bodybuilding supplements from here. I do know some people who just buy locally, but the number of people who do this seems to be getting smaller and smaller.
Our Top 3 Bodybuilding Supplements
- Whey protein – Whey protein is one of the most commonly used supplements in the industry, and for good reasons. Whey protein has proven to be a cost effective and simple way to help get your protein intake for the day. People love convenience so that makes it very appealing. Some people will even tell you that protein is more of a convenient food product than it is a supplement.
- Fish Oil – A fish oil supplement is probably one of the most beneficial supplements if you do not regularly eat fish in your diet. Fish oils contain essential omega 3s that have been proven have a ton of benefits to your health.Some benefits include: lower cholesterol, fat loss, increased joint pain, improved memory, and the list goes on.
- Creatine – Creatine is a great supplement for increasing your lifts, and building muscle. The reason creatine works so well is because it gives you a “pump” during your lift and keeps you from burning out too quickly.
There are many other great supplements out their depending on what your goals are. However, there are also those that are necessarily great supplements, but provide you with the best supplement of all: the placebo effect. The placebo effect can be very powerful if you buy in to the effectiveness that supplement claims.
Other supplements like BCAA supplements are also quite popular. However, they are not always necessary since most people get adequate BCAAs from their diet or protein supplement. However, they can be useful if you are one of those who like to train in a fasted state. Taking a BCAA supplement will not break the fast and it will help prevent muscle breakdown during your workouts.
Please keep in mind that supplements are just that, supplements! You still need to have proper nutrition and workout routines to get the best results. You should not rely on supplements only to get the results you are looking for
When it comes to weight training, the structure of your workout is very important for your success and ability to make good gains. There are many people who go into the gym with no plan on what muscles to workout until they see a machine or exercise that they feel like doing. By going in without a plan, they are at a disadvantage for a few reasons.
For starters, if you plan on weight training on a consistent basis, you probably end up neglecting muscles you think you don’t need to work on. As a result, you will probably end up looking like Mr. Incredible – who has a huge upper body, but shrimpy legs. This is because many people (especially men) neglect working out legs and end up with a disproportionate physique as a result. Another gem is where the person only works out their arms and abs. You don’t want to be “that guy”.
Another failure that many people have when they don’t have a set plan is to quickly lose motivation. How are you supposed to improve on a particular exercise if you are just bouncing from machine to machine? It can be very difficult to track your lifts this way and usually people who do this aren’t fully invested or interested in achieving progress.
If you are looking to improve instead of maintain you have to improve on your lifts from week to week. This is because the only way to entice your muscles to advance is to increase the load in whatever rep range you are working on.
Structuring a Good Program
The key to a good workout program is to really focus in on the main compound lifts and then the more isolated lifts. Compound lifts are exercises such as deadlifts, squats, and bench press. Simply hitting these three will ensure you are not neglecting any major muscle groups.
So a good basic plan would be to focus on deadlifts on Monday, bench press on Wednesday, and squats on Friday. The days inbetween will be rest days where you will rest and give your muscles some time to repair.
However, that would be a very basic workout. I like to include a major compound lift along with a supplementary lift or 2 in each workout. For example, monday I will mainly focus on deadlifts, but my second exercise is chin-ups. On Wednesday my main focus is bench press (chest), but my second exercise would be military press (shoulders).
Avoiding Mistakes in Workout Structure
The reason you would want to keep exercises like deadlifts and squats apart is because they both are heavily compounded exercises which involve the legs. For example, If you did deadlifts, then squats back to back your legs will be to sore or fatigued to achieve any progress. In fact, it may likely lead to the break down of muscle instead of growth.
If you are a beginner or advanced one of the best programs out there is probably Mark Rippetoe’s starting strength. It focuses on basic compound lifts that will give you incredible results. He also is a great teacher of having the proper form which should be your primary focus as a beginner. Once you have the form down, you can focus on increasing the weight load on each lift.
Many people believe that the rapid deterioration of the human body as we reach old age is inevitable. While this is partially true, most of this is the result of a transition to a sedentary lifestyle.
Recent scientific studies show that muscle can actually be maintained quite well all the way up to the age of 85 years old.
So how do you maintain muscle and body composition through old age?
Resistance training puts stress on the muscle to that it can be repaired to become stronger and if your diet is right, you can actually gain muscle volume which makes you appear decades younger.
How do I get started?
Well first you will want to join a local gym or build a home gym that can suit both the upper and the lower body. Then you need to construct a workout program that can target important muscles that will develop into the new you.
There are many different programs and rep ranges to work with so my advice is to pick one and stick with it for a period of time before you try another one.
You will also want to work in the 3-5 rep range for strength and the 6-10 rep range for gaining muscle. So keep that in mind when choosing a program.
If you are a beginner, I recommend a 5×5 program. 5 sets of 5 reps for each exercise. However, there are many other programs that work very well for beginners.
If you are interested you may want to check out this Old School New Body fitness system review. It is a diet and exercise program developed by an older couple who have managed to completely take control of the aging process:
The key to success with any workout program is consistency. Actually use the workout routine as a routine part of your lifestyle. Like brushing your teeth every day, you should take care of your health everyday.
If you find working out routinely a huge challenge for you, try just taking a walk every day until it becomes a habit. Once you see the results, you will naturally want to start increasing the intensity and adding a solid weight training program into this routine.
One of the main reasons people workout is to achieve great aesthetics. Me along with many others, aspire to push our bodies to adapt and build muscle. Achieving a great physique not only requires hard work and discipline, but the knowledge of exercise science and nutrition.
Don’t just jump right in and begin consuming a limitless amount of useless supplements. Try to learn about the things that really work before even considering a supplement.
A large portion of my knowledge comes from great fitness Youtube channels such as flexforall2. Then you have fitness programs like the Adonis Golden Ratiowhich has some good advice and tools to attaining the ideal proportions of a great “Adonis” like physique. Just remember to do the fact checking on your own before blindly believing everything you hear.
Once you attain a decent level of know how you can begin putting ideas to practice. There are a variety of lifting programs out there that get the job done. As a beginner you should make sure you include all of the basic compound lifts in your program (e.g squats, deadlifts, and bench press.) As you gain a solid foundation of muscle you can start to look at areas that are falling behind and begin to target them more. For example, I my chest is small in proportion to my arms so I throw in more chest exercises into my program to make up for it.
Nutrition is also very important. Never do a dirty bulk where you indiscriminately eat as many calories as you can. This will likely result in too large of a surplus and you will start to gain too much fat. Stick to a high protein diet with a low-moderate surplus relative to your BMR and enjoy the muscle gain without much fat. Then to get shredded all you will need is a few weeks to a month of cutting.
Barre fitness is a relatively new fitness trend that is really gaining popularity – mainly because it is proving to provide good results. Barre workouts primarily focus on the lower body resistance, but also includes some upper body. These workouts help produce a healthy and lean body composition.
When you sign up for a barre class, you can expect to workout in a large open space with mirrors. Generally, you won’t have to wear shoes or socks when performing the workout. However, some people like to wear the socks with grips on them like a yoga or Pilates class.
What to expect in a Barre Class
The workouts are typically under 1 hour including warm-up and warm-down sessions. Barre fitness is designed for a variety of fitness levels and body types. People who have received their barre certification are able to properly teach the right techniques in a multi-level class environment. This means they will be able to modify some of the movements for beginners and show advanced movements for the more experienced. A good instructor will most likely have their certification and will be able to give you the safest and most effective workouts.
Extraordinary body-sculpting benefits of Vaser Liposuction near Nottingham
Experts regard vaser liposuction as the most powerful way to target stubborn pockets of fat to create a slim, muscular physique. Vaser, which stands for Vibration Amplification of Sound Energy uses an ultrasound-assisted instrument to deliver targeted pulses of energy through an efficient probe that prevent any collateral side effects from ultrasonic waves, which can produce uncomfortable side effects. Vaser is also called high-definition liposuction or hi-def lipo for short.
Bespoke benefits for body-sculpting goals
Skilled surgeons can create six-pack abs for men or “turtle tummies” for women, and the staff at the Selston Cosmetic Clinic have performed the procedure more than 900 times with spectacular results. Body-shaping benefits include the following details:
- Ultrasound helps to target fatty deposits around abdominal muscles, breasts, upper backs and hips and flanks.
- The Vaser probe liquefies fat with precise targeting so that surgeons can sculpt the appearance of certain areas.
- Surgeons use minimally invasive incisions so that postoperative infections, side effects or complications very seldom occur.
- More than 70,000 Vaser procedures have yet to produce serious complications.
- Surgeons can deposit fat cells to areas that need building up to sculpt the desired appearance.
- Patients return to normal routines with 7–10 days.
Patients report their experiences in astonishing detail
The procedure carries none of the risks of general anesthesia, and liquefied fat is either drawn off by suction and massage of the treated area or through natural excretion. The ultrasound process for liquefying fat doesn’t damage surrounding muscles, blood vessels or nerves, and patients can have the procedure completed at the clinic without an overnight stay in hospital.
Patients are astonishingly candid about their experiences. Interested people can read complete descriptions from satisfied patients at the WeWomen.com forum or watch a professionally filmed video of the process at the shared-module website. These resources attest to the simple nature of the procedure, and patients typically report less bruising and pain, better results and faster recovery times, which often only take a few days.
The most efficient and gentle way to remove unwanted fat
There are many choices for losing weight or removing fat, but few of them offer the ability to target specific areas, lose weight from stubborn arms, legs, inner thighs, necks and chins and cause minimal risks of bleeding, postoperative infections and anesthesia complications. The Vaser Lipo gentle approach causes almost no disturbance to sensitive structural tissues. This technique is not only gentle but also improves skin retraction so that skin develops the tightened look that usually takes strenuous exercise to get.
One of the main contributors to the increasing obesity rates in the US and around the world is the abundance of misinformation and false promises flooding the diet and fitness industry. People who have the intention and motivation to lose weight are often discouraged after following overly bland diets or diets that are just to strict and limiting. Losing weight can be made much more simple if we can overlook all of the fad diets and false promises and look at the science of what actually works. For the 99% of people who don’t actually have a thyroid problem and are otherwise healthy, you will lose weight if you are burning more calories than you are consuming. This can be accomplished by consuming less calories than it takes for your body to maintain it’s current weight or by consuming the same amount of calories it takes to maintain your current weight and adding in some additional exercise to lower your overall caloric intake. With this in mind – here are the top 3 ways to lose weight fast:
- Construct a flexible diet plan – Flexible dieting can best be described as eating both healthy foods and foods you enjoy. The first thing you are going to want to do is calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) – a simple google search for TDEE calculator will do the trick. This will use your body weight. height age, and activity levels to give you the estimated amount of calories your body needs to maintain its current weight. You will then take this number and aim anywhere from 100 calories to 400 calories less (depending on how fast you want to lose weight) than the total. The base of your diet should be composed of protein (meats, eggs, dairy, etc) and the rest will naturally be composed of carbs and fats. I recommend keeping the fat lower just to make it easier to manage your caloric intake – 1g of carbs = 4 calories and 1g of fat= 9 calories. Remember to keep everything balanced, you don’t want all of your carbs from sugars but there will be room for some goodies. However, try to focus on less calorie dense carbs first (e.g. pasta, rice, fruits and vegetables). The remaining calories can be filled with foods you like to enjoy.
- Exercise – To improve overall health, strength, and body composition, your primary exercise should be from resistance training (weights). This will not only allow you to burn calories during the exercise session, but your body will continue to burn more calories when repairing muscle tissue. The result will be fat loss, muscle gain, and the ability to consume more calories without gaining fat. Weight training will ultimately result in a healthy and fit body as opposed to loss in muscle tissue and an unhealthy appearance.This doesn’t mean you should completely ignore cardio – try to incorporate cardio at least 1-2 times per week for its health benefits. You can also use cardio as a tool to manage your caloric balance. For example, you eat 300 calories over your goal you can aim to burn those 300 calories during a cardio session somewhere in the following days.
- Motivation – Probably the best way to lose weight fast is motivation. Because without it, weight loss is not possible. There is no magic pill that can make you lose weight without any effort. Motivation is what keeps you from consuming too many calories too often and from missing too many workouts. There are different things that motivate people. You can get motivation by getting spouse or family members to move alongside you, you can find inspiration from pictures and videos of healthy/fit people, etc. However, the best motivation will come from the results you see of yourself. Once you feel better and more confident, you will want to keep going and you will find that its is all just part of your routine and not an inconvenience to follow a balanced and flexible diet and exercise lifestyle.
For me, it has always been tough to meet my daily vegetable intake goals on any given day. I am not a huge fan of eating vegetables dry and it just isn’t very convenient for me to prepare a vegetable based meal – especially if I don’t really enjoy or look forward to it. There is an excellent solution to this problem that I unbelievably overlooked for years – a Juicer. I seriously look forward to using it everyday because:
- I can prepare my fruits and veggies very quickly
- The drinks I have made so far are delicious
- I look forward to using it everyday therefore I am consistently getting my daily fruits and veggies (micronutrients)
Choosing a Juicer
You are probably now ready to look for the best juicer to help lose weight and for very good reason. There are many great models that are available depending on your needs. When shopping for mine, I looked at the amazon reviews to narrow down my top choices and then pick the one that is best suited for me. Since I only make juice for myself and at one serving at a time, I went for a smaller and less expensive model. However, some people like to prepare more juice at once. In this case you would go for the larger model.
Recommended Fruits and Vegetable Requirements
Vitamins and minerals are crucial for those looking to get into shape and maintain good health. I recommend getting 2-3 servings of fruits and vegetables each day. It will not only improve your overall health, but it will improve your performance in the gym. Not being a fan of vegetables, I have found that throwing spinach into my juicer with whey protein and fruit tastes great. Since I’ve been much more consistent with my fruit and vegetable intake, I honestly feel that my performance is improving as well as my energy. That said, you shouldn’t need my testimony to discover that fruits and veggies are good for you. This has been fact since the beginning of man. Get your fruits and veggies. And if you’re like me, get a juicer to ensure that you can get those veggies.